13th – 17th March 2018, Kuusamo, Finland
The Oulanka Research Station (http://www.oulu.fi/oulankaresearchstation/)
- Registration deadline: 15 December 2017.
- Abstract submissions due for confirmed participants: 31 January 2018.
- The workshop is free for all delegates and is first come, first serve.
- Some travel reimbursement may be available, dependent on funding.
- Jenni Prokkola, University of Turku/University of Eastern Finland, Kuipio, Finland
- Aurora Hatanpää, University of Eastern Finland, Kuipio, Finland
- Nico Alioravainen, University of Eastern Finland, Kuipio, Finland
- Alexandre Lemopoulos, University of Eastern Finland, Kuipio, Finland
- Isabel Moore, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
- Carlie Muir, University of Western Ontario , London, Canada
In 2005, a new Nordic network was established for PhD and Post Doctoral students within salmonid research. Today, NoWPaS is a global network with more than 100 members and workshops held with great success in Sweden (2006), Finland (2007), Denmark (2008), England (2009), Scotland (2010), France (2011) , Norway (2012), Wales (2013), Sweden (2014), Ireland (2015), Canada (2016), England (2017). We are excited to bring the workshop back to Finland for 2018.
Our main objectives are to:
1) Arrange an annual workshop for exchanging knowledge and ideas in an interdisciplinary forum.
2) Emphasize the opportunity for international collaboration through existing and future projects.
3) Invite key researchers to establish future collaborative bonds.
- Delegates should arrive on Monday, March 12th for an evening meet and
greet in Kajaani, Finland.
- Helsinki-Vantaa Airport is Finland’s largest airport with hundreds of flights
departing and arriving to and from Finland daily. There are train and flight
connections from Helsinki to Kajaani.